Emissions trading is considered the most effective way to tackle climate change and sustain green economic growth, while improving quality of life.
Emissions trading is an innovative economic tool for:
- Introducing a carbon price signal into the economy.
- Integrating a carbon value into business decisions.
businesses flexibility in meeting their obligations for reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Facilitating informal and formal
cooperation among regional, national, and international GHG reduction programs.
- Contributing to the fight against climate change.
- Complementing existing programs for reducing smog and air toxics.
What are the key benefits of using emissions trading?
How does the WCI, Inc. Participating Jurisdictions emissions trading programs work?
Learn about emissions trading and WCI, Inc’s Participating Jurisdictions' strategies for tackling climate change.
- Nova Scotia