Western Climate Initiative, Inc.
Western Climate Initiative, Inc. (WCI, Inc.) is a non-profit corporation formed to provide administrative and technical services to support the implementation of state and provincial greenhouse gas emissions trading programs.
WCI, Inc. will:
- Develop a compliance tracking system that tracks both allowances and offsets certificates;
- Administer allowance auctions; and
- Conduct market monitoring of allowance auctions and allowance and offset certificate trading.
The Board of Directors for WCI, Inc. includes officials from the provinces of Quebec and British Columbia, and the State of California. The services provided by WCI, Inc. can be expanded to support jurisdictions that join in the future.
- The ministère du Développement durable, de l’Environnement, de la Faune et des Parcs (MDDEFP) has released the March 4, 2014 Auction Results. The results are available on the MDDEFP website.
- The California Air Resources Board has released the April 3, 2014 Reserve Sale Notice. The Reserve Sale Notice is available on the ARB website.
- The California Air Resources Board has released the February 19, 2014 Auction Results. The results are available on the ARB website.