Western Climate Initiative, Inc.
Western Climate Initiative, Inc. (WCI, Inc.) is a non-profit corporation formed to provide administrative and technical services to support the implementation of state and provincial greenhouse gas emissions trading programs.
WCI, Inc. will:
- Develop a compliance tracking system that tracks both allowances and offsets certificates;
- Administer allowance auctions; and
- Conduct market monitoring of allowance auctions and allowance and offset certificate trading.
The Board of Directors for WCI, Inc. includes officials from the provinces of Quebec and British Columbia, and the State of California. The services provided by WCI, Inc. can be expanded to support jurisdictions that join in the future.
- The Board of Directors of Western Climate Initiative, Inc. will meet on Friday, May 2, 2014, in Sacramento, CA, beginning at 10:00 AM Pacific time. Stakeholders and members of the public are invited to attend this meeting in-person or via teleconference. If you plan to attend, whether by teleconference or in person, please register here.
- The ministère du Développement durable, de l’Environnement, de la Faune et des Parcs has released the May 27, 2014 Auction Notice. The Auction Notice is available on the MDDEFP website.