Western Climate Initiative, Inc.
Western Climate Initiative, Inc. (WCI, Inc.) is a non-profit corporation formed to provide administrative and technical services to support the implementation of state and provincial greenhouse gas emissions trading programs.
WCI, Inc. will:
- Develop a compliance tracking system that tracks both allowances and offsets certificates;
- Administer allowance auctions; and
- Conduct market monitoring of allowance auctions and allowance and offset certificate trading.
The Board of Directors for WCI, Inc. includes officials from the provinces of Quebec and British Columbia, and the State of California. The services provided by WCI, Inc. can be expanded to support jurisdictions that join in the future.
- The ministère du Développement durable, de l’Environnement, de la Faune et des Parcs (MDDEFP) has released the December 3, 2013 Auction Results.
- The California Air Resources Board has released the December 31, 2013 Reserve Sale Notice.
- The Board of Directors will hold its annual meeting on Monday, December 9, 2013, in Sacramento, CA, beginning at 2:00 pm Pacific time. The Board will elect officers, appoint committee members, consider adoption of a Records Availability Policy, and adopt a budget for 2014-15. The Board will then convene an Executive (Closed) Session to discuss procurement and personnel matters. If you plan to attend, whether by teleconference or in person, please register here.