Assistant Director Position Description
Click here to Apply for this Position »The Assistant Director reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for overseeing and directing the day-to-day operations of WCI, Inc., including managing organizational and administrative tasks and supervising the staff and contractors.
This is a full-time contract position located in Quebec City, Quebec.
The Assistant Director provides management oversight and direction to ensure the organization meets its operational and business requirements and that program services are delivered on time and to the highest quality possible.
Specific tasks include:
- Oversee the launch and direct the daily operations of the WCI, Inc. Assistant Director’s office in Quebec City.
- Monitor and manage the organization’s funds, timely issuance and payment of invoices, and timely filing of tax documents.
- Oversee and manage procurement processes in conformance with policies authorized by the Board.
- Supervise the Project Managers to ensure delivery of technical services is coordinated to maximize efficiency and to improve user experience.
- Work with the Project Managers to ensure all operational and contractual financial commitments are met, and that contractors are well managed and able to perform efficiently and effectively.
- Work with Executive Director to prepare budgets, and to ensure the organization operates within budget guidelines and according to budget and financial policies authorized by the Board.
- Assist the Executive Director with duties and projects related to Board and Committee operations and processes.
- Provide representation for WCI, Inc. at carbon market events.
- Coordinate the development of and process for releasing public reports and information, including information that may be market relevant, such as multi-jurisdiction auction results, multi-jurisdiction market monitoring reports, periodic CITSS transaction summaries, and emission data summaries.
- Maintain official records and documents, ensuring compliance with Canadian and US federal, state, provincial, and local requirements.
- Oversee and direct administrative support contractors.
- Manage the WCI, Inc. public website and translation services, and ensure the quality of all WCI, Inc. public bilingual content.
- Conduct research or analysis as requested by the Board to support the Board or its committees.
At the direction of the Executive Director, the Assistant Director may undertake other duties as required to ensure the consistent achievement of the organization’s mission and financial objectives.
Skills and Experience
- BA/BS degree in related field; advanced degree is highly desirable
- 5 or more years of professional management experience, with specific responsibilities including non-profit management, business administration, financial management, organizational effectiveness, procurement, and/or program delivery
- Experience in project management; specific experience managing complex information technology systems and/or concurrent and related projects/contracts a plus.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills and the ability to motivate, develop, and inspire a team while creating a highly empowered organization
- Superior presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts to all levels of an organization
- Exceptional problem resolution, mediation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Advanced knowledge of Quebec provincial and Canadian federal environmental policy, and of legislation related to the management and administration of non-profit organizations
- Familiarity with US federal and state environmental policy, and of legislation related to the management and administration of non-profit organizations
- Proven ability to be flexible, versatile, and maintain effectiveness and efficiency in a fast-paced and high change environment
- Proficiency with standard office software applications such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Native or bilingual proficiency in French and English required
The Assistant Director may need to travel for specific and well-defined business purposes.
ABOUT WCI, Inc.
WCI, Inc. is a non-profit corporation that supports state and provincial greenhouse gas emissions trading programs, and is located in Sacramento, CA and Quebec City, Quebec.
WCI, Inc. offers competitive salaries commensurate with qualifications and professional experience, and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
To ApplyClick here to Apply for this Position »
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, including a summary of qualifications, and a resume in PDF format.
WCI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.